Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Graduation Card a la Sock Monkey

Still having problems retrieving photos of my old projects from my camera, but it's apparently letting me take new pictures and access them.

Below you'll find a graduation card I made with the Sock Monkey stamp set, the Sock Monkey Accessories stamp set and the Starring You stamp set. I made the little diploma out of rolled up card stock, and actually wrote the graduate's name on it! (the name is blurred out of the picture for privacy reasons) To make the diploma, I just punched out a 1-1/4" square of Very Vanilla card stock, trimmed away two slightly concave sides, and rolled it up. Then I drew and colored the border, and added words. This card is for a boy, so that's why it's not all frilly.


The colors I used are: StazOn Black ink pad, Basic Black (marker), Basic Black Craft pad, Real Red, Soft Suede, and Sahara Sand. Because of the watercoloring, I stamped the images in waterproof StazOn ink on watercolor paper.  I used the Sahara Sand marker to color the end parts of the monkey, going back over it again with the marker after it was dry, to make shading lines.

I watercolored the rest of the monkey using the Soft Suede reinker, and Real Red reinker, with the Aquapainter.  I used the Soft Suede marker to go in after the monkey was dry, to add shading lines on the body.  I used the Basic Black marker to add color to one corner of the graduation cap, then used the Aquapainter to pull that black across the hat.  To get a nice dark, crisp greeting, I stamped the "way to go" image on the Real Red card stock in Basic Black Craft ink.

~Kimberley Morris
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator since 1994
Colorado Springs, CO
procrastistamper@gmail.com
http://kimberley.stampinup.net (click SHOP NOW near top right to order anytime!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!