Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bee Mine, Valentine

This picture just doesn't do this project justice, so I'll have to see if I can take a better one for you tomorrow in the daylight. UPDATE: the picture below was taken in the morning sunlight, but it was super windy so I only got one shot at it! [Click on the picture to see it full-size.]


I spent like all afternoon making this card. I don't usually take this much time making a card, but I had a vision of the starting point (a bee hive and bees in Pink Pirouette & Riding Hood Red) and not much more than that. So, I had to think it out as I went. And, it took a while to get it to where I was happy with it--especially with having to watercolor on Very Vanilla card stock, cutting out the delicate little bees, and then cutting out all the stamped letters individually.

How do you like the Pretties Kit hat pin used as an arrow through the heart on the top left? I felt so clever after that finishing touch! I dyed White Tafetta ribbon with the Pink Pirouette ink to get it to coordinate with the card. And, I don't know if you can tell, but the little bees' wings have a teensy bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter which is quite adorable in real life.

This sample was made with products from the Love You Much Bundle, which you can order right now, but it's only available if you contact me directly. (portions of the bundle are on backorder, and the Online Store will not let you purchase out of stock items) I also used a new stamp set called Just Buzzin' By as my focal point. It's cute as a bug...which is appropriate, since bees ARE bugs...and you will be able to order it starting January 19th. The letters were stamped with the Short Order Alphabet. I'm too embarrassed to tell you how long that set has been sitting unassembled on my shelf. But at least it's all put together now that I just had to use it for this card!

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the Valentine Bees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is adorable! VERY NICELY placed! VERY cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea of using the bees! I wasn't planning on purchasing this set, but I just might change my mind now.
    Stampin' Smiles from Ear to Ear,
    Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly adorable! Love the 'arrow'!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh, I love the bees with a Valentines color theme...perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimberley,
    It was so nice to finally meet you at the Demo mtg last night. I just got this bee set in yesterday, so I didn't have time to play, but I LOVE how you used it here!
    Charlotte Hollingsworth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this is way too cute! I must have your permission to CASE it, PLEASE! I just found your blog from the link on Shelli's blog where she chose your snowman card holder as one of her creative challenge winners. Congrats, and that was a CUTE project too! But then I found this, and HAD to let you know how adorable it is! Now I know exactly why I preordered the Just Buzzin' By set! Thank you so much for this inspiration!!!

    HUGS!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!