Monday, June 2, 2008

Artisan Award Entry #8

This card looks fairly simple, but it did require a bit of work. The zest and vitality of the card doesn't come through very well on pictures taken from a head-on view, so these are my best shots, taken at angles.


I had to cut the same size strips of card stock from three different colors, and piece them together for the background. Then I stamped across the background with a little fruit stamp from the One Smart Cookie set, in VersaMark ink. I added a Saffon colored ribbon (from the Just 4 You Hostess Simply Scrappin' Kit) across the top as a backdrop for the fruits. This was mounted on a piece of Whisper White card stock with glitter around the edges. The glitter was applied with the 2-Way Glue Pen.

I stamped the citrus slice image from the Tart & Tangy stamp set in Green Galore, Only Orange, and Yoyo Yellow to coordinate with the background card stock. I then used the Stamp-a-ma-jig® to stamp over each image again, and cover them with Glassy Glaze embossing enamel. I punched out the fruit and put a brad in the center of each, and mounted them on the ribbon.


I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig® again to stamp the greeting on the corner in Whisper White Craft ink, then embossed with white powder. To give the greeting a little more "juicy" look, I colored around the edges of it with a VersaMarker. In real life, the card really makes a splash...and gives you an instant craving for something light, sweet, and fruity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!