Sunday, June 1, 2008

Artisan Award Entry #7

This card was actually created a couple of months before the rest of the entries. I had made it in anticipation of entering it into one of the Stampin' Up! monthly card contest categories--for glitter. But, I had put it in my display basket and then forgot to take it out and mail it!! Since I hadn't published it anywhere, it qualified for submittal to the Artisan Award contest. [this sample looks a bit more stunning if you click on the picture to enlarge it]


I used the new Fine Cosmo glitter for this project, with a variety of adhesives. The center swirl of glitter, and the dots around the center flower, were made using the Tombow Multipurpose adhesive, adding the glitter while the glue was still wet, to create dimension. The outline around the square/diamond layer was covered with the 2-Way Glue Pen, allowing the glue to first dry to a "temporary" bond, then pressing the glitter into it. When you let the adhesive dry first, the glitter goes on very even and flat.


Another method used here is a Pop-up Glue Dot, which fits perfectly onto a Build-A-Brad. Simply adhere the glue dot to the brad, then hold the brad by the "legs" and smush (technical jargon) the top of the glue dot into the jar of glitter until it's completely covered.


The glitter was complimented by rhinestone jewels. These were removed from Rhinestone Circle Brads, and adhered to the card with Tombow Multipurpose adhesive. The 2-Way Glue Pen was also used to dot the centers and highlight some of the flowers with glitter, in the background and on the embellishments.


This is a fairly unusual sample for me, because I don't normally use a lot of glitter or glitz on my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!