Sunday, March 2, 2008

Scrapbooking, anyone?


I've been pretty busy creating new stuff and taking pictures for you :-) I generally try very hard to use only current Stampin' Up! merchandise so that you can buy the products you may need to copy one of my projects for yourself. However, after I made this mini album, I realized you could follow my simple pattern with any Simply Scrappin' Kit® (SS Kit) of your choice--whether you have one that has been retired, or you choose to buy a new one just for this project!

The SS Kit I used for my sample is called Creative License, and I actually got it free during the 2007 Fall/Winter Collection period. Some of you may have this same Kit hanging around, just begging to be used. The album I made is 14 pages, though you could make it 16 pages, if you aren't as particular as I was...and it only used 1/2 the SS Kit. I essentially took 4 of the 12x12 sheets of card stock and cut them in half, to 6x12. Then I folded each in half to get a 6x6 folded over piece. I stacked them on top of each other, like a pile of greeting cards, and glued the back of the first one to the front of the next one, and so on, until they were all stuck together. (For mine, I actually pulled out one folded over "card" to reserve for layering on the front and back cover--which is why my mini album is only 14 pages.) Here is a view of the spine, so you can get a better idea of how the assembly works:


You'll find the rest of the pages below. (Don't forget, you can always click on any picture to see it enlarged!) I purposefully split the SS Kit in half before I started, and limited myself to those supplies. There were tons of die-cuts and quite a bit of patterned paper left, so you could still add plenty in while inserting your pictures and journaling. If you make one of these as a gift, I recommend being a little conservative on the embellishments, and simply offering the leftover pieces to the recipient, for her own personalization (or to use on other scrapbook pages of her own).









Stampin' Supplies: Creative License Simply Scrappin'® Kit (any SS Kit will work), Star Punch (on front cover, punched from a scrap leftover after trimming down Blue Bayou card stock I used for layering on front and back cover), Blue Bayou Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, SNAIL (used to adhere all the pages together).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!