Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Resolutions!

The New Year is a great time to evaluate what's going on, and what can be improved. I started my blog this year, and I'd like to get back to my original posting plans. I had intended to post a new card or scrapbooking template every week, with at least 3 stamped samples using the template. Unfortunately, I didn't maintain this goal this year.

This year, I pledge to do better! I intend to post one new template every Monday.

I also have a lot of photos that need scrapbooking. I have been neglecting scrapbooking in favor of the instant gratification of stamping cards, but I know that getting those photos in an album will give me a great sense of fulfillment.

This year, I want to complete 104 scrapbooking pages--that's two per weekend throughout the year.

I hope you'll join me in making some stamping resolutions. Whether you prefer creating cards, gifts, home decor items, or scrapbook pages, I hope to help inspire your creativity with my blog entries this year! It really helps to write down your resolutions, so definitely do that, and post your goals in a place where you will see them regularly. If your goals can be tied to specific times, like mine, consider actually entering the event on your calendar or planner.

For instance, I could put a reminder in my Palm Pilot (because it has an alarm!) every Saturday, to get two scrapbook pages done over the weekend. This may work well for some folks, though I have the tendency to "snooze" those reminders to death. If you're a procrastistamper like me, you may want to actually set "appointments" to meet your goals. You can do this by determining the time it will take you to reach your goal, and splitting it up into increments. For my scrapbooking goal of two pages per weekend, I only want to spend 30 minutes per page from start to cleanup. So, I can set an "appointment" for either one hour on Saturday, or 30 minutes each on both Saturday and Sunday.

Just a note about planning for scrapbooking--if you don't have your photos all gathered together in a logical sequence, you may do well to set goals for regularly spending a certain amount of TIME organizing your photos each weekend, instead of getting a certain number of pages done.

Whatever your resolutions, I wish you the best in your efforts to Create in 2008!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!